|Early morning 6.00 am- 6.30 am||Tea / coffee/Milk without sugar – 1 cup||Tea / coffee/Milk without sugar – 1 cup|
|Break fast 8.00 am -9.00 am||Idly – 3 nos/Dosa -3nos/Veg kitchadi – 1 cup/Varagu pongal -1cup/millets dosa – 3nos/
Sambar – 1/2 cup
mint chutney/dhal chutney+boiled pulses
|Egg white sandwitch – 2 nos
|Mid morning 10.30 am -11.00 am||Butter milk -200ml/veg soup/lime juice with salt /millets porridge/ragi biscuits /threptin biscuits||same|
|Lunch 12.30 pm – 1.30pm||Brown rice/millet rice- 200gm/chapatti-2nos with sambar 1cup/dhal+greens 150 gm+vegetables||Chicken gravy(3 pcs) or fish gravy(2pieces)or egg white gravy|
|Evening 4.30 pm – 5.30 pm||Sprouts/sundal -150 gm/millets upma/veg salad -1 cup Fruit – 1/2||Same|
|Dinner 8.00 pm – 9.00 pm||Same as break fast (millets any)||same|
|Bed time 10.00 pm||Skimmed milk Without sugar||same|
FOXTAIL MILLET (Italan millet)
Foods to be avoided:
- Porridges as breakfast
- Roots and tubers
- Boost,horlicks,bournvita,fresh fruit juices, aerated drinks.
- Fatty mutton,liver,beef,pork,brain,heart
- Fruits-Banana,jackfruit,chickoo,custard apple,grapes,watermelon
- Alcohol & smoking
- Ready to cook foods,pickles,pappads,dry fish
- Maida, white rice.
- Nuts-cashew,pista,dry grapes,fig dates.
Foods to be included:
- Green leafy vegetables – Thrice a week
- Vegetables-plantain stem,flower,radish,cabbage,ladiesfinger,beans,double beans, broad beans, cluster beans, ridge guard, snake guard, white &yellow pumpkin,brinjal,cucumber,capsicum,turnip,chow chow,sundaikkai.
- Any one fruit per day – apple-1/2,sweet lime -1/orange -1/papaya -4 pcs/pears – 1/musk melon-3-4 pcs
- Gingelly oil, sunflower oil, olive oil, corn oil, rice bran oil, groundnut oil.
(Use combination of all these type of oil in equal ratio for cooking)
You are what you eat, Eat right for your good Health